Thursday, August 29, 2013

# 16 CAUGHT WITH MY PANTS DOWN!

I didn't realize until this morning that I was almost out of Medi-Fast meals. I like the bars so much that I still have a lot of them but, allowed only one of those a day, I'm way over-supplied with them and have only a few other choices. So, this morning, I placed an order for more food, enough to run out the bars.

Since I was so low on food (and the thought of choking down another bowl of dry rice krispies was not appealing), I cheated again and went to Jimmy's for breakfast where I had a couple of poached eggs and one slice of whole wheat toast. It tasted really good and I don't think it will do much harm. I'll eat Medi-Fast food for the rest of the day and skip my usual  lean and green meal at dinner.

To make up for the eggs, I took my old, one-mile walk this morning, for the first time since I began this diet program. The walk is down Thames Street from Jimmy's all the way to the Morgan Stanley building, around the building and then back to the Fells Point Square via the harbor walk. To keep myself going, I always have a little tune running in my head that keeps me walking: dah, dah, di-dit dah, dah dah. I admit that the last quarter mile, I was straining some and tempted to go through the Bond Street Wharf but pushed myself to go around it, as usual. This is the first time I've walked this far in two months and, of course, I'm very pleased with myself, even if the last leg was somewhat slower. Now when I go to the gym this morning, I won't have to ride the bicycle for 10 minutes because my knees have already had their work-out.

And my pants down? In addition to letting my supply of food run so low, I've also lost so much weight (37 pounds) that the Levis and work pants I have traditionally worn every day now fall down without my belt to hold them up. Still five pounds to go.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment