Thursday, August 15, 2013

# 11 CHEATING

This morning, for the first time, I cheated. I went to Jimmy's for breakfast. In the old days, before this Medi-Fast program, I went to Jimmy's several times a week and especially on weekends. I had the same thing so much that the waitresses, who've been seeing me there for many years, asked if I wanted "my usual." This consisted of two eggs over light, one pancake, and bacon with coffee and a glass of water. Since I only had one pancake, the cook usually gave me twice as much bacon. And, of course, I slathered the pancake with butter and syrup. It was first a weekend treat that gradually grew into a weekday habit. Those breakfast certainly contributed mightily to my being overweight. But today, I had two poached eggs on one slice of dry whole wheat toast. I knew I was cheating. Eggs are not on the program. And I haven't had a piece of bread in more than six weeks. Man, it tasted good!

One of the rationales for cheating was that I take a lot of medication in the morning - 11 pills, to be exact - and the combination, I fear, makes me a little light-headed. I wanted to see if a "real" breakfast, instead of a rehydrated one, would make a difference. It didn't. So I won't be back at Jimmy's at least until I reach my goal weight, still 10 pounds away. And just to reassure those of you who may wonder, my doctor recommended the Medi-Fast program, prescribed all my medications and is monitoring my condition closely. I have another appointment with him in early September. And I will eat rehydrated food for all of my other five meals today (I'm chewing on a Medi-Fast Mint Chocolate Bar as I type this).

So, to reiterate, I've lost 32 pounds since the Fourth of July and only have 10 more to go. Yeah!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment