Sunday, September 8, 2013

#18 CHEATING AGAIN

My friend, Dennis, joined me from Cleveland for my birthday on Thursday and I've been very bad the last couple of days. First, dinner at The Prime Rib, where I splurged, as I've said, on their signature dish, the best prime rib I've ever eaten. They yesterday, we went to New York, primarily to see "Kinky Boots," but we also had time to go downtown to the 9/11 Memorial. They served a breakfast of bagels with cream cheese and jam on the bus going up, and I ate it all. I tried to be a little better at lunch, outside at George's Restaurant at the tip of Manhattan, eating a Caesar Salad with grilled chicken. And then, we were served dinner on the bus coming back home. Mine was a turkey sandwich but it was so dry I had to add a little lubricant in the form of little touches of Russian dressing. I resisted all the alcohol but am sure I had many more calories (and fats and carbs) than usual. It all tasted good and I loved it, even though I knew I shouldn't be eating it. I'm a couple of pounds heavier this morning - not a lot, but certainly no loss (even though we walked a lot in Manhattan) - and feel a certain guilt about cheating. But back to my Medi-fast program today, with a renewed dedication to keeping "to it" in order to lose those last five or six pounds between me and my goal.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment