Tuesday, January 7, 2014

FEARING RETRIBUTION

I've been very lucky. My weight has stayed at the Labor Day level ever since then, even through the usual and many holiday temptations. And even though I have to admit that I've not been so careful  in following my Medifast routine during the last 30 days. It appears as though I can eat and drink almost anything I please, at any time, and it makes no difference. My weight may go up a pound or two but the next day, it's back down again. It's really spooky, and I fear the wrath of poundage will descend on me at any moment. Maybe this stability has something to do with that old thing we learned in Bio 101: the theory of homeostasis, one of the only things I remember from that class. That is that things have a natural tendency to stay in balance. So if my body has decided that my new weight is the right balance (instead of the old weight, that was 40 pound heavier), how can I complain? Still, I'll try to be a little more conscious. Perhaps I should just give the cookies I just baked to the staff downstairs?  In order - now that I've somewhat bragged about this - to avoid retribution?

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment