Monday, October 7, 2013

#26 HOORAY!

I am happy to report that over the weekend, I lost the last few pounds remaining toward my goal and goal is now achieved. I somehow knew, even before weighing myself this morning that this would be the case. And I know from previous attempts to lose weight that I can be in a plateau for a while and then lose several pounds all at once. This is apparently what happened. (I've been four pounds off goal for about a month.)

It's been a long road from July 4 and 42 pounds ago. But it's been worth it. I feel so much better, both physically and psychologically, now that I'm no longer carrying around the equivalent of 4-10 pound dumbbells with me everywhere I go. My back no longer hurts and, as I've said, my waist is at least three, maybe even four, inches less than it was when I started. And I've shed nearly 18% of my original body weight. Maybe the Body Mass Index will now give me a break and call me "normal," instead of "obese," or "overweight." Tags are so misleading, but they are helpful.

So, if you want to lose weight - as I did - or if  your doctor says it's important - as mine did - do try the Medi-fast program. I'm living proof that it works. As my coach, Jill, has said, "If you stick to the program, you will lose weight." And I did.

Now I will have to transition off the program slightly, gradually building "regular" food back into my diet without gaining any weight. That's the next challenge. Let's see how it goes.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment